Saturday, January 17, 2009

Income Taxes

I didn't want to go to school yesterday, but needed to go to have our taxes done. There were two guys that specialized in teacher taxes that were going to be there. Since we'd already received our W-2, I gathered all my paper work and went to school.
I usually do our taxes, but was curious about items that he could do. I'd known about "Forced Housing", but didn't know that we could include utilities with out rent. I also didn't exactly know where to place this on the form since we don't itemize our deductions. He placed it in the first section as a negative to our income.
Now, you're probably wondering what is "Forced Housing". Because we are forced to live in teacher housing (no other is available) we can subtract rent, electric and propane. One of the advantages of living on an Indian Reservation.
To make a short story of this - we're getting back over $3000, but we have to pay $150 to Arizona.
The $3000 will go towards a car.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Janice!

Lora3677 said...

that is great news!

Unknown said...

You will be missed Janice, you were such a warm caring woman.

Lora3677 said...

You will be greatly missed, Janice. Sending hugs to your family.

Jennifer said...

Janice you will be so missed! You were such an inspiration to me...in your friendship, your kind words always and your scrapping. May you be in scrappers heaven right now enjoying all that there is!!

Deanne Clarke said...

Want to pass on my condolences to Janice's family and friends! She will be sadly missed in the scrapping worlds.Her layouts were inspirational!

Lucy Chesna said...

you will be missed ...prayers for the family

Crystle said...

I'm saddened today to hear about Janice she always had the nicest things to say and loved to create and share here life. Hugs to your family!

Unknown said...

My condolences go out to all of you - this is very sad.

Sharon said...

Messages of sympathy to Janice's family from Australia. Thoughts are with you all.

Susie said...

Janice you will be missed by me so very much on so many forums! Everytime I play a game, I will think of you, I am so use to playing the games with you!

Everytime that I enter a posting challenge I will expect you to be the one giving me a run for my money so to speak!!!!

yOU WERE MY FIRST FRIEND OVER 4 YEARS OAGO WHEN i STARTED ON THE FORUMS AND i JUST FEEL AN EMPTYNESS!

i WILL PRAY FOR YOUR FAMILY AND I WILL LOOK YOU UP WHEN WE MEET SOME DAY IN ETERNITY! tHANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL FRIENDSHIP

Krissy said...

Your presence is greatly missed. I looked forward to your posts. You were a beautiful woman, inside and out. I'll miss your smiling avatar...

Melissa Bove said...

I am so saddened by this news! You will be missed so much by everyone!! You were a beautiful person, inside and out!! My Thoughts and prayers are with your family!!

twinkle teaches said...

Janice you will be missed greatly. I am still in shock. You were one of the nicest people I had the pleasure to meet online. Prayers for your family.

Hinke said...

I miss you Janice.
You will be always in my heart.
Love
Hinke.

CJJohnson said...

RIP honey.

Lucy Chesna said...

its been a year ....you are missed